Saturday, May 30, 2009

My INTERNET DILEMMA

did anyone watch the movie : " he is not that into you" ???
no?
ok read this :

Mary: I had this guy leave me a voice mail at work, so I called him at home, and then he emailed me to my Black Berry, and so I texted to his cell, and now you just have to go around checking all these different portals just to get rejected by seven different technologies.
Mary: It’s exhausting.


this small dialogue really express what we r facing now... we r so tired to run around and get accounts on different websites that every one of them gives u a new advantage. for example:

Facebook: i love it, u stay connected to ur friends, see photos, check events in ur town, post videos, write notes... mainly ALIVE and ADDICTIVE.


My Space: i mainly joined My space community for nothing but to stay connected to my favorite hip hop bad "flying steps" in Germany, after that i found a lot of my friends and i meet new friends also i found out that Arabic singers have a my space account, personal one, which is nice...


Twitter: simple and easy.. u can be connected to a lot of networks and stars as well: Queen Rania, the white house, the UN, Oprah, mariah carey, kevin spicey... by one click u can get all the feedback about their updates... :)


Linked In: it's a professional network, where u can get recommendations and get job opportunities as well. i was introduced to Linkedin by my sis Naya ;) , i won't say that i was lost from the beginning and i'm still lost :P , but i found friends i meet from different conferences on it, and it was great to find them.


Flicker: it's mainly for professional photographers, u post ur pics and then u get comments and advices about ur pic, if u r not a pro, it's ok, u can post family and friends and stay connected, frankly, i found amazing pics, that i wanted to download to find them having a very high security program, very smart if u don't want to distribute, and very irritating if u liked this pic to download..


Bambuser: in order to follow YLVP course, and to keep Ahmed Esmat focused :P , i made an account on this website, which in the beginning really irritated me, since u mainly broadcast from ur mobile ( service is not THAT cheap), but i used my web cam, and i broadcast funny stuff... (a view from my street :P )


those communities r not the only thing that through it u can stay connected to ur friends and be updated, there r a lot others, but those r the main thing.


Technology is fun, technology is great, technology is the one thing that keeps me updated with my crazy brother, whether to remind him to buy me a cycle helmet :P , or to see his BOLD after he shaved like a prisoner :D

if u have other websites that u see essential as well , and u can't start ur day without viewing it, just add it on comments... :)

No comments: